Wednesday, February 27, 2013

castle bed in wall

 The construction of the bed,
First you have to cut the hole in the wall, then build the frame above the stairs


 
We had to build it a little higher then what we wanted so people could go down the steps without hitting there head on the frame of the bed.  SO we had to build steps to get up to the bed.



if you have steps then you need rails.  My husband wanted to take it a few more steps then just rails.  lol





 
 



now comes the siding, doors, windows and railing. 





 
Paint time!
 
 
Now to make it look more like a castle.  I was going to do the blocks but decided to just faux paint it. 
 



 
Now for the tops
pic's of the steps on the inside

steps from the rails


window from the side.
 
here is the bed on the inside of the wall
 
Wasn't even finished and they had to come stay the night.  lol   We put a tv on the shelf
 
 
I think they really like it!
 
This is as far as we have gotten.  Still need to put a door on, and lots of molding left. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear you feed back. If there is something that you would like to see me put on some of the furniture I am doing. I would love to hear it. I have lots of things to do this week. I have a dresser, mirrors, end tables, coffee table, and night stands.