Sunday, February 24, 2013

My grandbabies Castle with bed inside the wall! SO COOL!!

I was surfing through pinterest one day (with my 4 year old grandaughter in my lap) I was looking at kid's beds.  I seen one that was inside the wall.  My grandaughter LOVED it.  She asked if she could call her Papaw at work to see if he would build her that.  So she did.  He didn't really understand her and said Yes papaw will do that when he gets home.  I got on the phone and said OH you so don't know what you just got yourself into. lol
SOO We decided to paint the grandbabies play room.  My grandaughter come over and loved it.  She went around the room (we had taken out there bed) and said "Oh how I love the room but we still don't have my bed in the wall (with a pouty voice and face to go along with it) 
The next day Papaw decided to knock a hole in the wall to make that girl the bed she wanted.  Here is the pic that she SAID she wanted. 

Well things didn't work out as planned.  Our stairs that goes to our lower level is on the other side of there bedroom wall.  Well to make this hole in the wall the bed had to be pretty high.  So that our 6'8 family members could go down the stairs.  lol 

So he built steps for them to get up to the bed, then we got to thinking, hmm this could be dangerous.  So he decided to build rails, then it was hmm maybe we need a little more then rails.  So I guess we are building a castle! 

After putting on the siding, painting the walls and doing the faux painting.  It's starting to take shape. 

He cut some doors and windows out, to make it more realistic and "fun", now we have to cover the tops with material.
 
Now the tops are covered we need a few extra touches.  We put a Tv on the shelf on the inside of the wall for easy viewing before bedtime.  Added a vine and painted the railing white.  Put the toy box papaw made them for Christmas in front and wha la.  So far this is as far as we got.  Check out my other blog for the rest of the room.  Jungle mural on the wall.  Thanks and hope you enjoyed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear you feed back. If there is something that you would like to see me put on some of the furniture I am doing. I would love to hear it. I have lots of things to do this week. I have a dresser, mirrors, end tables, coffee table, and night stands.