Sunday, February 24, 2013

Jungle Mural In playroom

 
I didn't know how or what to put on the walls to go with the castle theme.  I have 2 boys and 3 girl grandbabies.  I wanted this to be for all of them and since this is kinda girlish.  I wanted to make the other side of the room more Boyish!  So I decided to go with the Jungle theme. 
 

I started out with Clouds on the wall  and a tree in the corner.  I wanted to make a "family Tree" starting with our parents, Then us, our children then there children.  I made the tree that you see to the right of the picture in the corner.  I didn't quite make the branches long enough so it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.  I will show you later what it ended up looking like.  SOO then I decided to paint some grass, On the left side I wanted a water falls with the water flowing down the stream to a pond for the animals to drink from.  This wasn't working for me (it looked like the water was going uphill to me)  I thought Hey why not put a tree up. : ) 
 


I thought putting some grass around the pond and a few animals on the grass would help it out a bit.  My wonderful talented son's decided to get a little involved and helped me out with the animals. 

My youngest drew the fish and I couldn't figure out how to make the slash look right.  I thought I had ruined his beautiful fish.  But I think I might have figured it out. 
I then added a few plants and the starting of the giraffe.  It's starting to look a little like a jungle but I needed LOTS more plants. 
 

adding a log and a few more small animals brings it all together! 
 
 


My youngest son wanted to put a turtle on the other side by the water falls.  Now to start on the little wall where the big TV is.   Well folks this is as far as I got with the jungle.  

Now the Family tree.  This was very hard to figure out.  My husband and I just got married this year but have been together for 7 years now.  We have 7 children and 6 grandchildren (one past away at 12 days old, gone but not forgotten)  He has 3 children 1 grandchild and I have 4 children and 4 grandchilren.  So this is what I did!  My side is on the left starting with my parents and his is on the right starting with his parents.  My maiden name is at the very top and his last name is at the top of his. 
I will post more pic's when the room is completed.  thanks for looking and hope you get some great ideas!  Please feel free to comment if you have any ideas.  I would love to hear some! 



 
To add a little 3-D I attached Big birds for the bigger guys and baby birds for the little guys.  Big Butterflies for the big girls and baby butterflies for the little girls.  I done the girls names in hot pink and the boys names in red (you couldn't see there names well) so I outlined them in white.  I had to add a little pink squirrel door with a side walk.  So far this is as far as I got. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear you feed back. If there is something that you would like to see me put on some of the furniture I am doing. I would love to hear it. I have lots of things to do this week. I have a dresser, mirrors, end tables, coffee table, and night stands.